Options

Two very unpleasant bugs

macimaci Posts: 14
edited February 24, 2010 10:01AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
If I place mouse cursor over an object (SP, table, etc.) name in management studio, SQL Prompt shows me very nice "clickable" tooltip, that opens a window, containing details about the selected object. So far so good. And now the problems :

1) I cannot copy part of the text from the tooltip window. Just the whole content using a button placed on top right corner. Why? I usually don't need the whole stored procedure as such, rather an input variable name, etc.

2) If the object gets changed, the window shows obsolete information. Very bad!

3) If I write the procedure name without correct number of parametrs, no tooltip and window is shown. Just a common yellow tooltip, that the number of parameters is incorrect. Hey, you are here not to compile or validate my code at this moment and in this place, right now you're here to to show me information about my SP, and you failed doing this in this case. Look at the pictures...

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1861/procka.png

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your email and apologies if any inconvenience caused.

Following is my explanation for the issues you came across:

1. You can copy the code you wanted for doing that you need to follow below steps:
    a. Select the code you want to copy.
    b. Click on the <COPY> button placed on top right corner. Please note if no code is selected <COPY> button will copy complete code.

2. Whenever an object is changed you need to refresh the SQL Prompt's cache. You can do that by navigating to option : SQL Prompt 4 --> Refresh Suggestions or alternatively click keys Ctrl + Shift + D.
    Doing this should reflect the object.

3. Yellow tool tip is from SQL Server 2008 and not SQL Prompt. Can you kindly check if you have this option checked?
    SQL Prompt 4 --> Options --> Inserted Code --> Objects and Statements --> Exec Statements and select all three options

Kindly let me know if this answers your questions or not.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com