Options

Sync error: Windows NT user or group builtin\administrators

pforpfor Posts: 2
Hi,
When I transfer from sql2000 to 2008 database I get this;
Sync error: Windows NT user or group builtin\administrators not found. Check the name again.

In the beginning of the script; this nt-group is tried to be added. I have a swedish op and the closest I have is [machine]\Administratörer.

Probably I can replace it in the script this time; but is it tight and will there be a fix?

Best regards,
Peter

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Peter,

I'll have to look into this, but my gut feeling is that you are migrating from an English-language installation of Windows to a Scandinavian installation where the built-in Windows groups have localized names. I've seen this happen in another product we sell when we assumed that NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE was the same on every OS when actually it is AUTORITE NT\SERVICE RÉSEAU on French systems.

I don't know if we would fix this, as it would involve refactoring Windows login names, which could lead to complications. Will let you know.
  • Options
    Michelle TMichelle T Posts: 566 Gold 1
    You might be able to work around the problem for now by applying the Ignore Users' Permissions And Role Memberships option (and unchecking that user if it appears as a difference in its own right) if you don't have any permissions / roles that you actually want to synchronize.

If that doesn't work, you could try also unselecting 'include dependencies' in the synchronization wizard, although that might end up with the script not working for other reasons.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software