Options

ANTS 5 bar Greyed Out After Running FixVS2k8, Uninstall, etc

I have an where but buttons on the ANTS 5 toolbar are greyed out. I have attempted to uninstall/reinstall, I've run the "fixvs2k8.bat" file, I've manually run the commands at the visual studio command prompt to "fix" the add-ins, and I'm still unabelt o enable the buttons.

I'm running visual studio 2008 on Windows 7 x64 Enterprise.

Comments

• Options
    In addition, it appears that the buttons enable themselves (along with the menu items) when I UNLOAD the Add-in. When I go back into add-in manager and re-load the add in, the buttons gray out again.
  • Options
    Those darned crazy addins! Try this please:

1. Export your current VS settings into a file via Tools->Import And Export Settings
    2. Choose the Visual Studio command prompt tool from the start menu, under the Visual Studio program group.
    3. Execute the following commands:

>devenv /resetsettings
    >regasm /codebase "%programfiles%\red gate\ants performance profiler 5\RedGate.Profiler.Five.AddIn.dll"
    >regasm /codebase "%programfiles%\red gate\ants memory profiler 5\RedGate.Memory.AddIn.dll"

[You may get a warning here which is safe to ignore but you should finally get the message: "Types registered successfully"]

>devenv /setup

Now your add-in should be re-initilaized. Ensure you have a ready-to-run project loaded into VS and the addin integration should work perfectly.

4. Import your saved settings via Tools->Import And Export Settings
  • Options
    Having the same problem on WinXP SP3, VS2008 Pro, including the weird thing where the performance profiler button and menu items enable themselves when unloading the addin. The memory profiler button / menu item did not get enabled when unloading the addin.
    Those darned crazy addins! Try this please

Tried that, and while it removed some strange duplicate items from the ANTS menu, the menu items and toolbar buttons to start the profiler are still always greyed out. Any other suggestions on how to fix this, or how to debug it to get more info?