Options

Why is the ANTS 5 menu grayed out in Visual Studio 2008?

rgelbrgelb Posts: 45 Bronze 4
At some point, the menu became disabled. The number of buttons on the ANTS 5 toolbar went down to 1 ('Profile Performance').

How do I re-enable it?

VS2008 with all latest service packs on WinXP with all latest service packs using ANTS 5.2.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear you're having problems. There are a couple of things you can check. If you go into the Tools menu then the add-in manager, You should see the ANTS add-ins, and the Startup check box should be checked. Is this the case?

Also with the ANTS 5 menu, some of the menu items will be disabled if there is no project loaded. Are you seeing greyed out options if the projects are open?

If you're still having problems here is a knowledge base article which you might be able to use to solve the problem:

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... spx?p=ANTS Performance Profiler&c=knowledgebase%5cANTS_Performance_Profiler%5cKB200905000388.htm

The article refers to version 4 so you'll need to update the assembly references with:

regasm /codebase "%programfiles%\red gate\ants performance profiler 5\RedGate.Profiler.Five.AddIn.dll"
    regasm /codebase "%programfiles%\red gate\ants memory profiler 5\RedGate.Memory.AddIn.dll"

but a quick word of caution, this will reset all of your visual studio add ins.
  • Options
    rgelbrgelb Posts: 45 Bronze 4
    I tried it all, didn't work. I gave up and did the uninstall/reinstall. That fixed it.
  • Options
    For the benefit of others reading this post:

If you go to the ANTS Profiler directory in program files you will see a file called FixVS2k8 (there's also one for 2005).

Running the .bat file should resolve the issue.

Regards,

Stephen
  • Options
    Yes thank you StephenC, FixVS2k8.bat worked perfect! I made an account just to give you props for a solution I had long been looking for.