Options

Create Scripts Folder - Modifying properties

95tribe95tribe Posts: 2
edited February 4, 2010 5:58AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi,

My need is to put all database objects into TFS and interface with SSMS. SSMS interfaces with TFS using SSMS projects. These projects do not allow you to create sub folders under 'Queries' so organizing the scripts is not possible using folders. When you generate scripts in SSMS they suffix the object name with type instead of prefixing the type on the object name. This makes organization by sorting on object type impossible.

SQL Compare 'Create Scripts Folder' does a good job of separating out the files into 'object Type' folders. What I would like to know is if there is a way to modify the properties so that it will prefix each file name with the object type e.g. Table, Function etc.

This would allow me to copy over the output files to anothre location and add them to the SSMS/TFS project.

Thanks,

Paul

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post.

Unfortunatly, it's not possible to add a prefix to the object script filename.

As the objects are grouped by type, I don't think it was ever considered that a prefix would be necessary.

I would be happy to log a feature request if you would like it to be considered for a future version.

Let me know what you think.

You could possibly write a batch file that takes the folder name, and then prefixes all the scripts within the folder with the folder name.
    Chris