Options

Can't see methods and lines in the Detailed mode

rgelbrgelb Posts: 45 Bronze 4
I am using Ants Profiler 4.3 on a .NET 2.0 WinForms app being written in VS2008.

I start the profiling session, get it to a point where I need to. Then I click around my app, go back to Ants Profiler, select a chunk of time, and look at results.

If start the profiling session with a Profiling Mode = "Method Level Timings; only methods with source", I can see the timings for all methods that are in my app.

If start the profiling session with a Profiling Mode = "Line Level and method Level Timings; all methods (most detail)", I can't see any of the methods that are actually hit in the chunk of time that was selected.

Why? What am I missing?

Comments

• Options
    Can you try either a trial of the latest released version (5.2) or the latest early acces version (v6) and see if you get different results?

You can find these by just googling ANTS download.
  • Options
    Can you try either a trial of the latest released version (5.2) or the latest early acces version (v6) and see if you get different results?

You can find these by just googling ANTS download.

I'd rather get the version I have working. My employer doesn't want to buy the upgrade, so I am stuck with the version I have.
  • Options
    You can still install a new major version along side your version 4 to test if the latest releases fix the problem/bug and let us know.

Thanks,

Stephen
  • Options
    StephenC wrote:
    You can still install a new major version along side your version 4 to test if the latest releases fix the problem/bug and let us know.

Yes, I did that and in version 5.x, the line numbers are profiled as expected. Thank you.

So where do we go from here as far as v4.x is concerned?