Options

Object Instance Diff Checks

frattingfratting Posts: 5
Is there a "quick" way to compare differences between two snapshots of an object with children? I have an object that gets instanciated, I take a snapshot, an event happens that modifies some of the child references of that object and when I take a second snapshot the object has grown from about 250K to 300K as a result of that event however the object has a large number of references and it's difficult to eyeball the differences to determine what was added that caused the growth. The instance list veiwer also doesn't seem in include the child object sizes themselves. It's like a needle in a haystack. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Chris,

There is no way to compare the size with children on a particular instance of an object in the ANTS Memory Profiler, so it wouldn't be possible to track one particular instance of an object. There may be an alternative to looking at this one statistic, though. I'll see if I can get in touch with the Memory Profiler usability person and see what he thinks.
  • Options
    You might find it helpful to look at the "Class Reference Explorer" for each instance. You'll see a picture of the children of the object in question which you can compare visual. Its not ideal for what you want, I know, but it might help.