Semicolons

grondenegrondene Posts: 6 Bronze 2
edited December 23, 2009 11:22AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Is there any way to use format to add semicolons to objects. One of my clients would prefer us to use semicolons and we will need to migrate lots of code to use semicolons.

I'd also like to vote for the feature to format at entire database worth of objects.
-- Gene Rondenet

Comments

• That's a great idea. Out of interest, what is the reason given by the client to use them? How would you like this to work? Would it take a database and modify all stored procedures, for example, and add the semi colons, or would it simply add them to a script that is open in a query window?

If anyone else is looking for this functionality, please let us know.

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • We could use it to standardize quite a bit of our SQL code for the programmers that do not want to use SQL Prompt. Huge time saver so I can't understand it, but it is there none the less...

Doug
  • The client was reading the release notes for SQL Server 2008 and noticed that semicolons will be required in some unknown future version of SQL Server. They would like us to add semicolons to our code now, so that when this happens they won't have to worry about it. I don't understand how Microsoft could change this behavior without providing some tool to add these semicolons, but since we are already happy customers of SQL Prompt, it seems easier to deal with it now.

The feature would be useful if it worked just as a "formatting" option within the current structure of SQL Prompt. However, it would be incredible if there was a way to format multiple objects within a database at once.
    -- Gene Rondenet