Script incomplete when comparing DB to ScriptsFolder w/Cmdln

renepaperenepape Posts: 7
edited December 11, 2009 10:48AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi
I am generating a database-object-create script by comparing the source database to a physical empty database (made with only a "create database" statement).
This is working fine in both UI and command line. Then, to remove dependency of the EmptyDB, I generated a scripts folder from the empty database, and the comparison with the scripts folder is then OK when using the UI, but with the command-line version (using the same other switches and options), the resulting script "forgets" foreign keys and triggers.
The cmdline returns 77 in both cases, but no errors are shown. Both UI and cmdline are using Integrated Security and in the same account.
I am using SQL Compare 8.1.2.23 Pro.

Comments

• Hi Rene,

Is there any chance you can send me the original script that you were using, along with the SQL Compare project files you are using for both comparisons and the command line argument you are using and I will have a look into this for you.

You can send these to support(at)redgate.com FAO Pete and I will get them and then update the case we alrady have raised for you regarding this.

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569