Options

Enhancement Request

padwinpadwin Posts: 5
edited November 27, 2009 9:55AM in SQL Multi Script
I would like to see a feature when in Multi Script you can create a job and schedule it to run like a Sql job but that runs thru Multi script.

For example: I'm querying 30 servers with Multi script and I want to schedule a job to execute this script and give me one file like it does in Multi script. Vs. Me, scripting a SQL job to run at the 30 servers and will give me 30 files when I just want one file. :wink: :P :lol:

This would make Multi Script even better utility for DBAs to use.
Padwin

Comments

• Options
    Hi Padwin,

I can certainly add this as a feature request in our systems, however how would you like to see this implemented?

Many thanks!

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • Options
    I would certainly wold like this implemented as an option in Multi-script. Just as a Job agent that will in some way create a Task Scheduler type process where it will execute when scheduled.
    Kind of like, SQL Jobs or like mentioned previously Task Scheduler.

Or perhaps maybe have an option to use Multi-script thru command line where we can create a batch file to give us the results.
    Currently I use MassQuery in that way. :idea:
    Padwin
  • Options
    Hi Padwin,

I was thinking command line, but didn't want to influence you towards that :)

It isn't currently possible, but I have added it as a feature request for you with tracking number SE-643. I am sure it will be reviewed by the product management team for a future release of the tool.

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569