What are the challenges you face when working across database platforms? Take the survey
Options

Breaking issue with 14.0.7

Works find for admin users; however, non-admin users are reporting when selecting a server in the Global Dashboard:

Action not permitted

Sorry, you tried to perform an action that your current user role does not permit.

You can try to log out and then log in again.

Back to the previous page

I'm trying to get more details.  But putting this out there to see if others are having the same problem.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,146 Diamond 4
    Hi @DonFerguson,

Thank you for reporting the issue, version 14.0.8 was released on Friday at 14:25 UTC (download here) which included this fix that I believe addresses the issue:
    • Fixed an issue where some access control checks were incorrectly blocking access to resources for some authorized users.

Please do let me know if that is not the case!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

Answers

• Options
    DonFergusonDonFerguson Posts: 201 Silver 5
    In playing around with this, I have discovered that the issue is not so much the user role that but instead the groups that an individual AD login or AD group has access to.  It seems that if I give the AD user or group access to monitor all Redgate monitored servers, then the user can access the metrics of the individual server.  This is not an ideal workaround.  We need Redgate to fix whatever it was that they broke going from 14.0.6 to 14.0.7.

Need an emergency 14.0.8 release that addresses that change!
  • Options
    DonFergusonDonFerguson Posts: 201 Silver 5
    I can confirm that 14.0.8 fixed the issue.  Thanks Alex.