Options

flyway "Ignore system named constraint and index names" compare option is not working

vshclovervshclover Posts: 6 New member
edited January 19, 2024 6:44PM in Flyway Desktop
I have this option checked in my project's configuration, but still get a lot of tables as migration candidates with the only difference between the schema-model and the base being the system generated names of the column defaults.

here is the example of a table with only these two lines highlighted as being different (see attachment )-

[LoadDate] [datetime] NULL CONSTRAINT [DF__FACTSET_B__LoadD__4D4F32E2] DEFAULT (getdate()),
[iProcessed] [int] NULL CONSTRAINT [DF__FACTSET_B__iProc__4E43571B] DEFAULT ((0))

[LoadDate] [datetime] NULL CONSTRAINT [DF__FACTSET_B__LoadD__0DB632BF] DEFAULT (getdate()),
[iProcessed] [int] NULL CONSTRAINT [DF__FACTSET_B__iProc__0EAA56F8] DEFAULT ((0))

here is a part of my fyway-dev.json file- 

capabilities": {
    "comparison": {
      "options": {
        "ignorePermissions": true,
        "ignoreSystemNamedConstraintNames": true
      }
    },

Flyway Desktop Enterprise

Version 7.0.3

Flyway engine: 10.4.1

Git: 2.43.0

Redgate Compare: 1.18.3.12399

sql server

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    vshclovervshclover Posts: 6 New member
    No one can help ?
  • Options
    I can't reproduce your issue, at least not on the most recent version of Flyway Desktop. 

I set the option in Flyway Desktop: schema model screen/static data and comparisons/comparison options/Ignore system named constraint and index names = checked

This set the following in my flyway.toml file (it might be worth converting your flyway-dev.json to toml just in case this helps)

[redgateCompare.sqlserver.options.ignores]
    ignoreSystemNamedConstraintAndIndexNames = true

And In the Generate migrations screen, it correctly ignores the constraint names.
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file