How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Help improve the Global Dashboard - test drive new Dashboard Cards!

Hi folks, 

We are improving the design of the Instance Cards on the Global Dashboard and we have a proposal we'd like you to test drive for a week or so and provide feedback! 

It's baked in to the latest version of SQL Monitor hidden behind a UI flag.

To enable this you'd need to upgrade to latest SQL Monitor then append '?card=1' to the url of your SQL Monitor Global Dashboard. i.e.

https://<your SQL Monitor website URL/GlobalDashboard?card=1

(To switch back the existing cards, replace the 1 for a 0, refresh the screen, then remove the suffix). 

If you want to help us out, please:

1. upgrade to SQL Monitor latest,

2. navigate to https://<your SQL Monitor website URL/GlobalDashboard?card=1 

3. use the new Cards for a week, and

4. report any feedback or issues here.

All feedback is welcome and we are particularly interested in feedback around whether the change is seamless or if you have to make adjustments to orientate to the proposed design. 

Reply here if you have any questions and thanks in advance - 

Howard 

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    I like it.  More information is a good thing.  I particularly like the AG status information on the card.  It's useful to know if it's a primary or secondary replica.

In looking over how cards are handled for medium tile and tiny tile modes, I happened to notice that in hover mode a full tile is displayed in tiny mode, but not medium tile mode.  Not sure why one wouldn't display a full tile for hover on medium mode as well.  But I do note that this observation does not change when switching back to card=0 mode.

That said, I would suggest that full tile be presented in medium tile mode on hover as well.  
  • Options
    I like it.  More information is a good thing.  I particularly like the AG status information on the card.  It's useful to know if it's a primary or secondary replica.

In looking over how cards are handled for medium tile and tiny tile modes, I happened to notice that in hover mode a full tile is displayed in tiny mode, but not medium tile mode.  Not sure why one wouldn't display a full tile for hover on medium mode as well.  But I do note that this observation does not change when switching back to card=0 mode.

That said, I would suggest that full tile be presented in medium tile mode on hover as well.  

Hi Don, thanks for taking the time to feedback to us, particularly about the hover effect on the medium cards. We'll have a look at that.