Issue when trying to compare scripts folder with database

Hi, i have tried to do compare from scripts folder to database, and i am getting this error:

Parsing failed with message SyntaxError. Unexpected token ',' (Line 14, Col 25) symbol.

Maybe you can help why i am getting this error. I only get this, when in PARTITION BY LIST there is more than one value separated by comma. But tried to run this script in database, everything works without any errors

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Ugzas,
    Thank you for your reply.

As you are using V6.0.2.143, I recommend that you upgrade to V6.0.3 or higher.  The latest version is V6.0.10 released earlier today.

The release notes for Schema Compare for Oracle, available here, indicate that a bug fix  for a parsing error for list partitions with multi-column names was added back in version V6.0.3.

I have tested using the latest version V6.0.10 and I am unable to reproduce the reported problem.

To upgrade, please run the check for updates mechanism from the Help menu -> Check for updates. 

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com

Answers

• ugzasugzas Posts: 10 New member
    CREATE TABLE test.test (
      test1 DATE NOT NULL,
      test2 VARCHAR2(20 CHAR),
      test3 VARCHAR2(1 CHAR) NOT NULL,
      test4 VARCHAR2(70 CHAR) NOT NULL,
      test5 VARCHAR2(10 CHAR),
      test6 NUMBER,
      test7 NUMBER,
      test8 NUMBER,
      test9 NUMBER,
      test10 VARCHAR2(2 CHAR),
      test11 NUMBER
    )
    PARTITION BY LIST (test1,test2,test3)
    (PARTITION init_part VALUES (( null, null, null ))
      INDEXING ON);

Here is script
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi,
    Thank you for your forum post.  Can you please confirm the exact full version number of Schema Compare for Oracle you are using?  You can obtain this from the Help menu in the GUI and selecting the About option.
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • ugzasugzas Posts: 10 New member
    Eddie D said:
    Hi,
    Thank you for your forum post.  Can you please confirm the exact full version number of Schema Compare for Oracle you are using?  You can obtain this from the Help menu in the GUI and selecting the About option.
    Hi, version number is 6.0.2.143