Will MySQL Compare be updated to connect to MySQL 8.0?

This is the issue that happens when I try to compare two databases using MySQL 8.0.  Will there be support for MySQL Version as 8.0.  Version 8.0 has been out since 2018.  Also, the MySQL requirements section on the Redgate website states that MySQL Compare only supports 5.0 or less. (https://www.red-gate.com/products/mysql/mysql-comparison-bundle/).

If there is not going to be any support for 8.0, then I and many others would like to know this so we can go find other products to use.

Thank you and God bless,

Ben
Tagged:

Best Answers

• David AtkinsonDavid Atkinson Posts: 1,431 Rose Gold 2
    Thanks for your question. We're working on a replacement technology to the above tools that will provide a level of MySQL comparison (initially via a command line) which will be included part of a Redgate Deploy subscription, which is our flagship database DevOps solution. We haven't yet made a decision as to whether the comparison tools would be made available separately.
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • David AtkinsonDavid Atkinson Posts: 1,431 Rose Gold 2
    @swerve411 - That's a good question. I wouldn't rely on anything being available to try until Q2/Q3 2022 at the earliest, so if this isn't the right timeframe for you, best to try to find an alternative for the time being. Apologies for the inconvenience! 
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software

Answers

• swerve411swerve411 Posts: 3 New member
    edited November 30, 2021 12:36PM
    Thanks David for the prompt response.  Is there an estimated time line for when this may be released?  I like the Redgate products, but will need to find an intermediary solution until this is available.
  • swerve411swerve411 Posts: 3 New member
    edited November 30, 2021 12:39PM
    I appreciate the information and look forward to when it is released.  Have a great day!

Ben
  • goppi1goppi1 Posts: 3 New member
    Hello, I have the same issue (as many others). Your initial response sounded like there are quite substantial questions that needed to be answered first. Is there an update on this topic in terms of strategy and ETA? Thanks, Peter