Using SSMS w/RUNAS, SQLPrompt "Dependencies" tab "says "please install SQL Dependency Tracker"

Howdy.  I'd not used it this way before, but today I decided to click on the "Dependencies" tab within SQL Prompt.  To my surprise it says "To see dependencies for this object, please install SQL Dependency Tracker". Which is weird since I have it installed! 

I suspect it's because I have to run SSMS as a different user (doing so with RUNAS), but if anyone has any idea how to get it working, I'm open!  (yes, yes, I can just run the standalone app, but this seemed like a much easier way to do it)

Best Answer

• Sarah BSarah B Posts: 118 Silver 2
    Hi @MattP

Thanks for the update. I can confirm that SQL Dependency Tracker v3.5 is now available on CFU too so thanks very much for prompting that.

Sarah Beckett| Customer Support| Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center? 

Answers

• Since this is a feature we have introduced relatively recently, it is probably just a matter of making sure Dependency Tracker is on the latest version. Could I ask you to us  the following installer to make sure everything is?

Thank you!
  • MattPMattP Posts: 2 New member
    edited October 14, 2021 9:06PM
    I had the same problem, tried the solution of using the general Sql Toolbelt Essentials installer, and it worked.

The use of the Sql Toolbelt Essentials installer updated Dep Tracker. I'm sorry that I didn't write the old version number down, but I believe it was an update from 3.3.4.x to 3.3.5.2548.

Before using the general installer, I tried checking for updates via the Help menu within Dep Tracker, but it reported that no updates were available and that I was running the latest version.
    The Sql Toolbelt Essentials installer, however, found the update for Dep Tracker.

(Edit: I also had to reboot, as initially the result was that the dependency tab went away. There was just a summary tab, no script and no dependencies. After rebooting, I got a functional dependencies tab, as well as the script tab.)