Options

SQB service did not acknowledge receipt of data. (WAIT_TIMEOUT

i  am getting  error on our  servers  SQB service did not acknowledge receipt of data. (WAIT_TIMEOUT  and  i  check sql  backup  agent service is still running . My  REDGATE  version is 10.1.6.  please i  need help to resolve this issue as  no  backup could  be taken .
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi,
    Thank you for your forum post.

Is there a SQL Backup job still in progress that has become unresponsive?
    Are there any SQL Backup Error Exit codes?
    Have there been any changes to the SQL Backup Agent service account, password change for example?

If you close the SQL Backup GUI.  Now open the services.msc on the machine running the SQL Backup Agent.  Stop and restart the SQL Backup Agent service.  Reopen the SQL Backup GUI, are you now able to perform backup and restore tasks?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    oluolu Posts: 6 New member
    Is there a SQL Backup job still in progress that has become unresponsive? NO
    Are there any SQL Backup Error Exit codes?NO
    Have there been any changes to the SQL Backup Agent service account, password change for example?NO

If you close the SQL Backup GUI.  Now open the services.msc on the machine running the SQL Backup Agent.  Stop and restart the SQL Backup Agent service.  Reopen the SQL Backup GUI, are you now able to perform backup and restore tasks?NO
  • Options
    oluolu Posts: 6 New member
    Eddie, the issue still persist. Any update to fix this issue