How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Access denied message when accessing SQL Monitor portal

• I got the following error after upgrading to 4.2.7 from 4.1.4 in the web server . I am using IIS for SQL Monitor , Before upgrade i didn't have any issue with the web server

I have a separate web server and 4 base monitor .

Server Error in '/' Application.

Access is denied

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied]

System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited) +190

System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessHandle(Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited) +446

System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessTimes() +308

System.Diagnostics.Process.get_StartTime() +29

RedGate.SqlMonitor.Common.Logging.<GetCustomHeaderRows>d__3.MoveNext() +117

RedGate.SqlMonitor.Common.Logging.Hooks.GetCustomHeader() +175

RedGate.SqlMonitor.Common.Logging.LogManager.CreateDefaultLoggerConfiguration(Assembly keyAssembly) +332

RedGate.SqlMonitor.Common.Logging.LogManager..cctor() +2871

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'RedGate.SqlMonitor.Common.Logging.LogManager' threw an exception.]

RedGate.SqlMonitor.Common.Logging.LogManager.GetLogger(Type type) +0

RedGate.SqlMonitor.UI.Website.MvcApplication..cctor() +52

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'RedGate.SqlMonitor.UI.Website.MvcApplication' threw an exception.]

RedGate.SqlMonitor.UI.Website.MvcApplication.Application_Start() +39

[HttpException (0x80004005): The type initializer for 'RedGate.SqlMonitor.UI.Website.MvcApplication' threw an exception.]

System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +517

System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +185

System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +168

System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +277

System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +369

[HttpException (0x80004005): The type initializer for 'RedGate.SqlMonitor.UI.Website.MvcApplication' threw an exception.]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +532

System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +111

System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +714

Regards

Tony

• Reply all
  •  or 
  • Forward
Send
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    I've replied to the ticket you raised but I thought I would put it here as well.  This appears to be due to a permissions issue where the user running the web interface (in the case of IIS I believe it's the app pool and/or user used to connect to the physical path) doesn't have sufficient permission to get the process start time for use in the logging header.  I'm not sure how this is the case or why it might not seem that it is the owner of the process it's trying to get the time for (which is what would cause the problem).

Giving that user local admin appears to fix the issue - and you may be able to get away with only giving SeDebugPrivilege.  I'm still working with the team to see why this might be the case and will update further when I have more information.
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?