How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Is there a way to mass clear Alerts

I had a server down for maintenance for the weekend and came back to 27,000 alerts for that server. The alerts were valid, but caused by the maintenance. .The problem is there are also 27,000 groups, so there is no way just to clear them all together. Is there another way to clear them other than 100 at a time? I am a Microsoft SQL DBA so if there is a query I can run that too.

Thanks, Evan King

Best Answer

• Options
    Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,132 Diamond 4
    If you set a filter to show you the alerts you want to clear on the Alerts page, and then click Select > All a banner should appear below the action buttons asking if you would like to select all across all pages, which if you do then the Clear/ Read action will apply to all of them.

You may also want to look into Alert suppression windows (formerly called maintenance windows) which can suppress alerts (all or performance/custom alerts only) from being raised (you can have it only suppress notifications or both alerts and notifications).  The alert suppression windows are more customizable and can allow for ad-hoc maintenance (e.g. a one-off maintenance window).
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?