Oddity / issue with SQLPrompt in conjunction with Powertoys Fancy zones

SimonRSimonR Posts: 6 New member
Hi;

So I love using fancy zones within the microsoft powertoys app, unfortunaly when I dock SSMS to a preset zone, all of the SQL prompt  tool tips and popups always load as full maximised and cover up the entire SSMS making it unueable, I have for now disabled the options for  which helps but loose functionality :cry:

Hope someone out there might have a bright Idea to allow the two bits of software work together.

Kindest Regards
Smon L Richardson

Answers

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi @SimonR,

I've not used the Fancy Zones in Microsoft PowerToys - it looks like it's just resizing the windows to fit into the zones rather than changing the resolution of each zone is that right?

I think the only thing would be if the popups resized dynamically with the SSMS window size, but then you run into the size of the popup being too small to be useful as well, unless I'm misunderstanding what's occurring?

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • SimonRSimonR Posts: 6 New member
    Hi @Alex B 

Thank-you for taking a look at my question and taking the time to reply.

You assumption sounds correct, If I dock the window to the Fancy Zone everything is full windows size so to get around it for now I move the windows a millimetre or 2 in the zone and things seem to work. Bit of a pain but windows resolution and scaling has never been an easy thing to program.

Well if you have any other suggestions I am happy to try them out, otherwise I am sure I can cope with it

Kindest Regards
    Simon
  • Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi Simon,

I really can't think of anything else I'm afraid, but I'm glad that seems to there seems to be a way it can work.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • qualegonnaqualegonna Posts: 1 New member
    Thank you, that was the information that I was looking to obtain. Appreciated.