Grants not showing in Deployment

Hello Everyone, 
I'm having a few grants not showing in the script for deployment. 
After comparing the databases the differences are identified but when I run the deployment wizard the code is not there. 
Example: Comparing e_example_old to e_example_new 

-- Target privileges

GRANT DELETE ON e_example_old.e_stuff TO e_example_new WITH GRANT OPTION;
GRANT INSERT ON e_example_old.e_stuff  TO e_example_new WITH GRANT OPTION;
GRANT SELECT ON e_example_old.e_stuff TO e_example_new WITH GRANT OPTION;
GRANT UPDATE ON e_example_old.e_stuff  TO e_example_new WITH GRANT OPTION;

After running Deployment this is the script generated: 

--
-- Script generated by Schema Compare for Oracle 5.6.0.2170 on 15/11/2019 17:28:03
--
SET DEFINE OFF

Is there any settings I might be missing or any known reason for this to happen? 

Thanks. 

Best Answer

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your reply.

I have submitted new Bug Report OC-1174 to bring this issue to the attention of the development team.  The experienced behavior is not expected.

Sadly, I am unable to provide an ETA as to when a bug fix version will become available.  I will update when a Bug Fix version of Schema Compare for Oracle becomes available.

Many Thanks

Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com

Answers

Hi, thank you for your forum post.

The behaviour you have described does appear to be a little odd.  However, I believe I have experienced this error myself or something similar.

In my example, the comparison results show all the required GRANTS.  Upon running the deployment process, some of the GRANTS were not included in the deployment.  

I successfully deployed the changes and on the subsequent refresh of the comparison, the missing GRANTS are still seen in the results.  Run the deployment wizard again and on this occasion the missing GRANTS from the first deployment and now listed or included in the deployment.

Are you experiencing this problem described above?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • DiogoTMDiogoTM Posts: 2 New member
    Thank you for the response Eddie D.
    Yes I'm having that exact behavior. After running the deployment I still see the missing grants. But a second run of the deployment 'fixed' the issue. 

Do you have any idea what may be causing it, or if there is any way around it? 
    Hi,
    I am pleased to inform you that the problem reported in this forum post, which resulted in Bug Report OC-1174, is now resolved in Schema Compare for Oracle V5.6.4.2517.  Please use this link to download Schema Compare for Oracle V5.6.4.2517.  To upgrade extract the executable from the zip archive and run it.  Follow the on screen instructions.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd