Options

SQL Prompt 9.5.5.9830 in SSMS version 15.0.18118.0 Can't click on hover

MalindaMalinda Posts: 4 New member
I upgraded my SQL Prompt and now I can't click on the tool tip when I'm hovering over a table. If the text is aligned just right in the window, I can click on the link. However, most of the time, when I try to move my mouse to click on it, the tool tip disappears. I have tried to disable the "Show Object Definitions" and then enabled it (both times closing SSMS) as other posts suggest, but this still has not resolved my issue. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Malinda, thank you for your forum post.

Sadly, I am unable to replicate the fault symptoms you have described.   Are you able to generate a screen shot when the tooltip message is to far away from the mouse cursor?

When the problem occurs, do you have multiple query windows open?  Or the query you are editing or reviewing at the time, is the big query with many characters?

The problem did not occur in the previous versions of SQL Prompt you have used in the past?

Are you using multiple monitors?  If the answer is yes, does the tooltip move to the left hand side of the left hand monitor?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Here's the screen shot.

I have one copy of SSMS open. I had two queries open. I closed the other one and it still occurs. I do have multiple monitors, but it does stay within the SSMS window on the one monitor always. I did not have this issue until I updated versions. I don't recall what version I had before the update, it may have been a couple versions ago. A co-worker has the same problem and she installed her SQL Prompt in January (whatever the latest was at the end of January). We are both on Windows 10. It may be related to SSMS v 18.0 as I updated both of these around the same time and my co-worker is also on SSMS v 18.0..
  • Options
    rhodrierhodrie Posts: 18 Bronze 3
    I have two monitors with the primary on the right and SSMS open in the primary.  The hover window opens right aligned in the left hand monitor and can disappear if I try to reach it!
  • Options
    A co-worker of mine had that same issue. After working through a Redgate support ticket I was able to resolve it for a short time by resetting the defaults for SQL Prompt. However, the issue does still occur time to time. You can try to reset your defaults and see if that helps.
  • Options
    bmlbml Posts: 4 Bronze 1
    rhodrie said:
    I have two monitors with the primary on the right and SSMS open in the primary.  The hover window opens right aligned in the left hand monitor and can disappear if I try to reach it!
    I have exactly the same issue. I have 3 monitors and I almost always have SSMS in the middle: 

It can be difficult to click it without it disappearing again :)
  • Options
    After working with Redgate support again, it turned out that my resolution on all three of my monitors was not the same. Once I changed them to all be the same resolution, I no longer have the issue.  It might be worth a try to see if that helps.