Options

Reverse engineered DB, shows changes

Just reverse engineered a DB into source files and upon recomparing the repo, we get 500+ with differences. Using the PL/SQL Difference Viewer, we see the following characters in the diff in the start of the files:

0A 00

I would expect any differences when comparing. Any idea why this is showing up? 

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Hi
    Thank you for your forum post.

I suspect it maybe a difference in the character encoding between Carriage Return / Line Feed characters  or end of line character in the live schema and the scripts folder.

I can see from the screen shot, the example provided is a Package.  Are all the 500 objects reporting a difference Packages?  Or are there other object types? 

Difficult to see from the screen shot, are there line endings within strings?

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Hi,

I have one further question.  Are there any comments on the 500+ objects listed as different following the refresh of the comparison that takes place after the deployment?

Many Thanks
    Eddie 
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • Options
    Hi Eddie, It's different object types - procedures, packages, functions etc. The objects I just looked through in Notepad++ showing all characters, does not show any line endings within strings/comments. And yes the listed objects are the result of recomparing the repository and the source database.
  • Options
    Hi,
    Thank you for your reply.

Would it be possible to obtain the DDL of one or two of the affected objects to see if we can generate a reproduction of the problem?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd