Comment on Commit mandatory?

After update to 6.3.5.8535 i noticed that a comment seems to be mandatory before i can commit any changes. How can this behavior changed back to previous behavior that an comment is optional? 
Tagged:

Answers

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi ChristophK,
    Thank you for your forum post.

I am aware of this change. I believe the change was made in regards to improvements planned for SQL Source Control when linking to Git repositories.

What Source Control application are you using for your repository (Git, TFS / VSTS, SVN or Working Folder)?

At this moment in time, there is not a setting or configuration to revert this behavior.  Once I know the source control application you are using, I can seek the further advice from development colleagues.

Many thanks
    Eddie  
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • ChristophKChristophK Posts: 3 New member

Hi Eddie,

i am using TFS

Hi ChristophK

Thank you for your reply.

I have been informed that my colleagues in the development team will remove this requirement for a mandatory comment in the next release of SQL Source Control.  Sadly I cannot provide a definite date as to when this will occur.  Sorry for being so vague in my reply,  I will update this forum topic once I have further information and confirmation of the version number / build that fixes this problem.  

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Hi ChristophK

Further information and good news.  V6.3.6.8557 of SQL Source Control is now available and has reverted the requirement to enter a mandatory comment.  Please use this link to download and upgrade your SQL Source Control installation to V6.3.6.8557.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Many thanks
    Eddie 
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • ChristophKChristophK Posts: 3 New member

Hi Eddie,

many thanks for your support. This are good news. I will try it.