Missing System Dependencies

Is there a way to get missing system dependencies to resolve? The largest one I have is msdb.dbo.sp_send_dbmail. I have msdb included in the project but it cannot resolve the stored procedure.
Tagged:

Answers

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi @nk002,

Are you using the option "Show filegroups and system object dependencies" as described on this page?

If not, please try this option; if you are using this option then I'll need to get more information on how the objects are connected to see if I can reproduce the issue here.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • nk002nk002 Posts: 2 New member
    That solved part of the issue. The issue I was having was seeing all stored procedures we have using msdb.dbo.sp_send_dbmail.  Once I checked that it was able to link all of them using the same msdb call however it still shows up as an Unresolved Internal Reference (Object not found) on my Dependency Diagram. No perfect but definitely usable.
  • Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi @nk002,

Good stuff, I'm glad it's usable having enabled that option! 

I've also found an enhancement request DT-436 that seems to be related to the Unresolved Internal Reference you mention and put a reference to this post there.  It seems that they don't drill into the system dependencies to avoid clutter, but the request was for first level reference of system objects.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?