Redgate Error spamming

jjsoojjsoo Posts: 2 New member
edited October 22, 2018 3:29AM in SQL Source Control
Hi,

When I accidentally highlighted a particular database (which I don't have access to), I was spam with multiple instance of this error. Is there any way to stop this annoying error message ?

Best Answer

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi All,

This was fixed in the last frequent update of SQL Source Control 6 (6.3.7 - download here) and is also available in the latest stable version SQL Source Control 7 (7.0.4 - download here).

If you have not already, please update to one of these version and let me know if you still have any issues!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

Answers

Hi @jjsoo,

This is a known issue with internal reference SOC-9650, but unfortunately there is not a workaround at this time.

I have added a reference to this post in that issue and will update you when I have more information from the team!

Kind regards,
    Alex

• jjsoojjsoo Posts: 2 New member
    Hi Alex,

Noted on the reply.

Aside from that, Is there any plan for an option to turn off Source Control for db that is not linked ? 
    Cause right now it slows down my smss everytime I select a DB, and those DB are not linked to source control, which doesn't make any sense.
    Hi @jjsoo,

SQL Source Control interacts with databases that are not linked (other that to populate the name when you click on them if you have the SQL Source Control tab open).

There are two Options that can affect performance in SSMS.  If you open the SQL Source Control tab and click on Options at the top right (next to Help menu) it's the bottom two options.  You can increase the frequency for polling for changes and disable the check for changes to static data (if you are not using static data).

You may also want to look into making SSMS.exe Large Address Aware (see the first section on this page) so that more RAM is available to SSMS and it's add-ons.

Do you have any other of our tools besides SQL Source Control installed (namely SQL Prompt) as this will gather information for each database you select to be able to provide its Suggestions, which could cause some slow down when a database is initially selected, but this should not be every time.

Kind regards,
    Alex