Options

How to Start SQL Prompt

I accidentally hit some key combination that threw me out of SQL Prompt. Now I can't figure out how to get SMS to run using SQL Prompt. Any suggestions?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,132 Diamond 4
    Hi @silverskunk,

The Ctrl+Shift+P toggles enabling and disabling the suggestions at all; refreshing the suggestions will only work if they are already enabled.

If you had disabled and then re-eanbled the suggestions it may be that they needed to be refreshed, but it seems likely that the suggestions were disabled by accidently using the key combination above.

If SQL Prompt stops suggesting things, the first thing to check is that they are enabled and then refresh the suggestions after that!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

Answers

• Options
    Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,132 Diamond 4
    Hi @silverskunk,

When you say "threw you out of SQL Prompt" and "SSMS to run using SQL Prompt" is it that the SQL Prompt menu no longer appears in the menu list at the top of the SSMS window (between Tools and Window)?

Or is it that SQL Prompt suggestions are no longer being suggested?  This is the only thing I can think of that would occur from a combination of key presses (Ctrl+Shift+P enables and disables suggestions).

If you can let me know whether the menu is there or not and if it is appearing then what functionality is missing if it's not the suggestions and I can hopefully help out more!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    silverskunksilverskunk Posts: 2 New member
    All indications point to the Ctrl+Shift+P combination.  After much weeping and wailing, and a reinstall, I finally tried "Refresh Suggestions" in the drop down menu and that seemed to restore everything. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Is "Refresh Suggestions" the best response when I manage to turn it off like that?

Thanks,
    Lynne