Options

Collation error in 'build' step does not get ignored by 'IgnoreCollation'

If I pass IgnoreCollations, I get:
WARNING: The error 'Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.' occurred when executing the following SQL

If I do NOT pass IgnoreCollations, I get:
WARNING: The error 'Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.' occurred when executing the following SQL:

This is happening in TeamCity. It started happening on an unrelated change.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Sumanta

Thank you for your forum post.

The IgnoreCollations option simply ignores collations on character data type columns when comparing and deploying databases.

If this was comparing and deploying successfully prior to your unrelated change, are you able to reply with information regarding this change?

What are the details of the SQL query being executed that causes this message:
    WARNING: The error 'Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.' occurred when executing the following SQL:
    Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    SumantaSumanta Posts: 12 Bronze 1
    Thank you for your reply @Eddie D .
    Not sure what kind of details are you looking for. The change was a migration script that queries a value from a different DB and based on the result deletes some rows in a table. The .patch file is clean (only shows dependency on the recently upgraded tool, and the table that the script deletes rows from).
    Does that answer your question?
  • Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Sumanta
    Thank you for your reply.

I suspect that you have mixed collations for a column is table between the source and the target.  Are you able to identify the T-SQL code that is causing this message to occur?

The SQL code after the the message:

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com