Options

SQL Source Control will not show new objects on Commit tab

I have somehow gotten myself into the situation where I have new objects in SQL Server that we want to commit, but SQL Source Control will not show them on the Commit tab, rather they all appear as Drops on the Get latest tab. How can I fix this, and, in general, how does SQL Source Control decide which direction to use when differences exist? If it matters, we are using Git.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    That worked. Thanks!
  • Options
    chuckchuck Posts: 29 Bronze 2

I encounter the same problem months ago and I knew I can unlink and re-link the git repository to show the new added stored procedure, I have done this operation months ago. Actually I  have no idea how to reproduce it.
    Today I encounter the same problem again, I wonder if you can fix this. It's a little  frustrated to do the boring operation.

• Options
    David AtkinsonDavid Atkinson Posts: 1,439 Rose Gold 2
    edited November 9, 2019 10:06AM
    Is the linked database a shared dev DB or does each developer have their own?
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Hi @David Atkinson ,
           We are using the shared model. The stored procedure was added by my colleague, it should shown as new added on commit tab,instead of shown as dropped on get latest tab.
           The weird thing is, my colleague add about 10 stored procedures. But only one of them was sh
  • Options
    If you do a Git pull on your instance and refresh the vomit tab, does this help?
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    If you do a Git pull on your instance and refresh the vomit tab, does this help?
    Actually my colleague did not use sql source control, I will add his stored procedure into git repository.
    So I almost don't need to use git pull feature.
  • Options
    So you’re both modifying the same database? And procedures you add are always fine but your colleague is mostly shown in the get latest screen? 
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Hi @David Atkinson,
         Yes, we modify the same database.
         My procedures are  always fine and my colleague's procedure mostly fine, sometimes it will show on get latest tab.
          For example, my colleague add 10 procedures, 9 of them will shown on commit tab, but 1 of them was shown on get latest tab.

• Options
    Hi @David Atkinson ,
           We are using the shared model. The stored procedure was added by my colleague, it should shown as new added on commit tab,instead of shown as dropped on get latest tab.
           The weird thing is, my colleague add about 10 stored procedures. But only one of them was shown as dropped on get latest tab, the others are shown as new added on commit tab.
  • Options
    Hi @David Atkinson ,
           The weird thing is, my colleague add about 10 stored procedures. But only one of them was shown as dropped on get latest tab, the others are shown as new added on commit tab.