Options

Generate Classic Report with command line

I saw the new classic report type to generate a report, however it does not look like it can be used from the command line? Or can it? Is this just a case of the documentation being out of sync?

https://documentation.red-gate.com/sc13/using-the-command-line/switches-used-in-the-command-line#Switchesusedinthecommandline-/ReportType:<reporttype>
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi @Tim_Cartwright

It should work on command line as well. The documentation is out of sync and the best I can get is using /ReportType:Classic. Despite the style looks right, the contents are all missing. I've logged this issue as SC-10194 in our internal bug tracking system and I'll keep you posted.
    Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    DanW564DanW564 Posts: 5 Bronze 1
    edited August 14, 2018 4:55PM
    I ran into this yesterday. The report file I generated with the UI for SQL Compare 13.4.6.7079 Professional displays fine. However, when I tried the new Classic setting from the command line, the HTML report doesn't display correctly. Using BeyondCompare3, I quickly discovered that the file generated from the command line was missing a comma that was in the UI version. After I added the comma and save the file, it displays fine. Hopefully internal development is already fixing this (and is ahead of us users), but I will post a snip of the html file that I changed.
    Line from the UI generated file:
        var differencesql  = new Array(new Array(new Array(0, "Error, No SQL Available")));var createsql  = new Array(new Array(new Array(0, "Error, No SQL Available")));var dropsql  = new Array(new Array(new Array(0, "Error, No SQL Available")));var identsql  = new Array(new Array(new Array(0, "Error, No SQL Available")),new Array(new Array(0, "", "")));
    Line from the command line generated file:
        var differencesql  = new Array(new Array(new Array(0, "Error, No SQL Available")));var createsql  = new Array(new Array(new Array(0, "Error, No SQL Available")));var dropsql  = new Array(new Array(new Array(0, "Error, No SQL Available")));var identsql  = new Array(new Array(new Array(0, "Error, No SQL Available"))new Array(new Array(0, "", "")));

Or, in a little less context (UI/works followed by command-line/broken):
    ")),new Array(
    "))new Array(
    Again, once I added the missing comma, my file seemed to be displaying correctly.
  • Options
    Thanks a ton guys! Keep up the good work!   :D

• Options
    You're right @DanW564, that's exactly what the problem is and the workaround is just to add the missing comma as you've explained.

We've got a fix ready for this and it should go out in the next frequent update release.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Hi @Tim_Cartwright and @DanW564

The fix is released. Please upgrade to the latest version (13.4.7.7223).
    Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?