Database permissions required For TeamCity build on named database

Hi,

We are trying to run builds of two different databases in TeamCity using the DLM Automation plugin. One is able to use LocalDB, which works fine. The other needs to make use of a temporary database server for a number of reasons (Linked Server usage, MSSQL Enterprise Editon features etc). This build does not work.

The problem we encounter is 'failed to clean the database', where it attempts to drop users/groups. The cleaning process drops the group that the account running the build is a member of, ergo dropping its own permissions to the database.

What is the standard practice here? It seems like the account executing the build must have server level permissions on the database as opposed to being contained within a group on the database, else it will be dropped. Or can the build process be changed to ignore certain objects, namely the user/group executing the build?

Thanks,
David
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• RichardLRichardL Posts: 417 Gold 4
    Hi @DFinn30

Thanks for your post. 

I can see you have a support contract at your organisation. You can generally get a fester reply and investigation in an to an issue via our support team. You could send us a ticket so that an engineer can help you with this. 

I hope this helps. 

Richard Lynch. 
    Customer Support
    Redgate Software
  • phonemyattphonemyatt Posts: 5 New member
    edited September 8, 2020 5:18AM
    @Andrew P ,Im having the same problem in our CICD pipeline. I always need to delete existing tempDatabase before I can run any agent. How do you solve this issue?