Exluded objects in project file ignored on command line

wamanringwamanring Posts: 7 Bronze 1
edited January 15, 2009 11:03AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I am using the Pro edition of SQL Compare 7. I am trynig to run from the command line using project files (.scp) that I created with the user interface. In these project files I have excluded several database objects and when executing the project through the UI the excluded opjects are not updated. When I execute the project from the command line the excluded objects are included and updated.

I am using the /project and /scriptfile options on the command line. Is there another option I need to use to make sure that the command line pays attention to all of the exclusions in the project file?
Bill

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

Following our telephone conversation yesterday, a support call as been created for you, call reference F0018519.

Using the snapshot files you kindly sent to us, I was able to reproduce the reported fault symptoms.

I have now submitted a Bug Report for the development team to consider. The reference for this bug report is SC-4240.

The only workaround for this issue is not to use the project file in your command line for your comparison and generation of the synchronization script.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • We are in fact currently working on fixing this problem and hopefully we'll get it in the release version of 8.0 (although obviously as we haven't finished working on it we can't promise anything yet).
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software