Log of Time to execute Data Comparison?

DJ_WilsonDJ_Wilson Posts: 6 Bronze 2
edited April 24, 2018 11:29AM in Data Compare for Oracle
Good Afternoon!

Is there anywhere that logs the Start/End Time of a Data Comparison execution?
We have to run a full Data Comparison and I have estimated this to take no more than 17 hours, but my managers want to know the exact time on how long it took to execute.
Is this logged anywhere or output anywhere?

Cheers

DJ

Tagged:

Answers

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi DJ

Thank you for your forum post.

Data Compare for Oracle, does generate log files in this path:
    C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Red Gate\Logs\Data Compare for Oracle\

To see the details recorded during the actual comparison I suspect that you will need to increase the minimum logging level to Verbose, as per the following help document:

https://documentation.red-gate.com/dco4/troubleshooting/logging-and-log-files

As the other logging levels may not indicate the comparison start and end times.

The log files purpose is to aid fault investigation, so the verbose logging will record a lot of information that they maybe of little use to you beyond the start and completion time of a comparison.

If using the command line to perform the comparison, you will need to add the /loglevel:verbose switch to your syntax.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • DJ_WilsonDJ_Wilson Posts: 6 Bronze 2
    Eddie D said:
    Hi DJ

Thank you for your forum post.

Data Compare for Oracle, does generate log files in this path:
    C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Red Gate\Logs\Data Compare for Oracle\

To see the details recorded during the actual comparison I suspect that you will need to increase the minimum logging level to Verbose, as per the following help document:

https://documentation.red-gate.com/dco4/troubleshooting/logging-and-log-files

As the other logging levels may not indicate the comparison start and end times.

The log files purpose is to aid fault investigation, so the verbose logging will record a lot of information that they maybe of little use to you beyond the start and completion time of a comparison.

If using the command line to perform the comparison, you will need to add the /loglevel:verbose switch to your syntax.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Hi Eddie,

I turned on Verbose Logging to see what sort of output is produced to identify start and end times.

Can you let me know is there a certain entry I should be looking for when the "Compare Now" button is clicked and the actual comparison starts?
    Likewise is there a specific entry that shows the comparison has completed?

Thanks again in advance, these are questions I have been asked to find the answers to from my managers!

Cheers

DJ