How to pass -ignoreAdditional Switch to Sync-DlmDatabaseSchema cmdlet from DLM Automation 2?

The documentation says it is an ordinary switch parameter but when I run the following command to sync my database,

Sync-DlmDatabaseSchema -Source $scriptsFolder -Target $ci -AbortOnWarningLevel None -IgnoreAdditional

I get the error

jqnyiz1f5ggq.png

I am successful running without the switch. However, I need the switch so that I don't drop objects in the target database. Please advise and give an example of the correct syntax.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• PeterGPeterG Posts: 61 Silver 3
    Your syntax looks correct. To help work out what is going wrong could you add -Debug -Verbose to your call
    Sync-DlmDatabaseSchema -Source $scriptsFolder -Target $ci -AbortOnWarningLevel None -IgnoreAdditional  -Verbose -Debug

And then copy paste the following two lines:
    VERBOSE: Calling: C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\DLM Automation 2\SC\SQLCompare.exe /options:ConsiderNextFilegroupInPartitionSchemes,DecryptPost2kEncryptedObjects,DoNotOutputCommentHeader,ForceColumnOrder,IgnoreCertificatesAndCryptoKeys,IgnoreDatabaseAndServerName,IgnoreTSQLT,IgnoreUserProperties,IgnoreUsersPermissionsAndRoleMemberships,IgnoreWhiteSpace,IgnoreWithElementOrder,IncludeDependencies,NoDeploymentLogging,ThrowOnFileParseFailed,UseCompatibilityLevel /transactionIsolationLevel:SERIALIZABLE /exclude:Additional "/scriptFile:C:\Users\Peter.Gerrard\AppData\Local\Temp\DLM Automation\xfjrl2uk.sql" /showWarnings /include:Identical "/report:C:\Users\Peter.Gerrard\AppData\Local\Temp\DLM Automation\0gmntwax.xml" /reportType:Xml /assertidentical /force  /OutputWidth:1024 /server1:.\sql2016 /database1:northwind /server2:.\sql2016 /database2:northwind /out:"C:\Users\Peter.Gerrard\AppData\Local\Temp\DLM Automation\b0ocjlc0.log"
    DEBUG: SQL Compare Command Line V13.1.8.5471

Peter Gerrard

Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • PeterGPeterG Posts: 61 Silver 3
    Glad it's fixed. Apologies for the difficulty in working it out. I'll make sure your comment about the error code is passed on.
    Peter Gerrard

Software Engineer
    Redgate Software

Answers