Slowness in Image Creation in v2.4

Has anyone else noticed a slowness in building an image in v2.4.0.8655?

I do not have any hard metrics since there is no log generated. But I have run my script that used to finish in about 90 minutes. It is running for over 3 hours now. The source backup file has not grown that much since my last image build. Just curious if anyone else noticed a difference.
Tagged:

Answers

• I'd be very interested in learning if this is reproducible too, either between different people, or just different times. Do you notice this taking reliably longer now, or is it intermittent? How large is the backup file now, roughly? (Just wondering if it has crossed some internal threshold somewhere.)
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • I can run more tests, but without me starting a stop watch and watching is there any log that could be enabled that would capture the image creation?
  • owen.hallowen.hall Posts: 57 Silver 4
    edited December 18, 2017 5:16PM
    Nowhere too accessible, now I look. I'll put a task up to improve our logging there, but in the meantime you can plow through SQL Clone's config database to find the information. First you need to find the operation that created your image.
    SELECT TOP 1000 *
      FROM SQLClone_Config.dbo.Operations
     WHERE Discriminator = N'ImageOperationEf'
     ORDER BY Timestamp DESC;

Use that to find the Id of your image creation operation based on its timestamp (when the operation was created), then
    SELECT *
      FROM SQLClone_Config.dbo.OperationMessages
     WHERE OperationId = <YourId>;

That should provide you with the start and end times of the operation.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • I have it running now and will compare the times to these last two runs and then a time before now that I can mine this data.
  • Hi Garryb,

Testing locally I wasn't able to produce any slowness from 2.4 to previous versions 2.3 and 1.2.

Is there anything special about your database? Mine is just the northwind DB pumped full of data to make it's size meaningful.
    Kind regards,
    Dan Bainbridge
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software