We would like to talk to SQL Doc users!

Rob CRob C Posts: 419 Gold 2
edited November 30, 2017 4:29PM in SQL Doc
Hi everyone!

We are currently conducting user research into some potential development work on SQL Doc. If you are a SQL Doc user and would be happy to take part in a phone call then please let us know! It would take no longer than 40 minutes and your feedback could help us make SQL Doc even better. If you also use SQL Dependency Tracker then that would be very useful, but if not then we'd still like to talk to you!

Either reply to this message or send me a direct message and I'll ask someone to get in touch with you to set up a call.

Thanks!
Software Engineer
Redgate Software

Comments

• JonasGJonasG Posts: 11 Bronze 1
    Hi Rob!
    I'll have some improvement suggestions that may be of interest ;)
    (Can't find a list of improvements to vote on, you should have one)

1. Add custom format items in Project description panel. (heading, link, list, ..)
      In a project description you should be able to add important links(i.e. to project homepage, ..).
      May be with the same functionality as in the forums.
    2. Add support for documentation of the sys.sp_addextendedproperty
      When adding classification data to columns, it should be in the documentation.
    3. Add support to collapse expander(i.e Database Properties, Database Options, Files)
      When generating the documentation all expander are expanded, making the page large.

4. Add support for diagrams in Object types
      When adding diagrams, it should be in the documentation.

#SqlDoc #Improvement

• JonasGJonasG Posts: 11 Bronze 1
    • Pasting RTF-format text into Project description, looks OK in SQL Doc, but doesn't work.
    • When generating HTML, please ensure valid HTML, use The W3C Markup Validation Service.

• I'm willing to participate... happy to help as there could be some benefit to us as well. We document our whole fleet and reply on the product.