How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

Privileges issue installing SQL Monitor Base 7.1.12

Hi,
I'm upgrading our install from 7.0.5 to 7.1.12. I'm using the existing DB and credentials and running the installer on the web server "as Administrator". The SQL Monitor Web 7 part installs fine, but the SQL Monitor Base 7 part fails with a popup:
"Service 'SQL Monitor Base Monitor' (MonitorBaseDeploymentService) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services."
Retry just reopens the window so I have to Cancel, which aborts the install.
I am in a group which is Local Admin on the web server, as is the domain account I'm wanting to connect to the DB server. Can anyone advise?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• SimonBartlettSimonBartlett Posts: 4 New member
    Alex

Looks like it may be sorted. I tried using "sc" to delete the service reference and it said it didn't exist; I looked in the registry and it wasn't in there. I restarted the server and the service disappeared from the Services plugin, so I tried installing again as per your message above and it has now installed. It's not upgrading the data repository schema.
    Thank you!
    Regards
    Simon

Answers

• Hi @SimonBartlett

I'm not sure why it would be happening in this specific circumstance but in cases like this you should be able to get around it by first, only installing the SQL Monitor Web 7 component, which should install successfully. After this, you can find the SQL Monitor Base Monitor installer in the C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Monitor\Web\Website\Download folder (or C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Monitor\Website\Download if you are using IIS) by default.

Running the installer found there should work.

Please let me know if you still run into any issues!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Alex
    No, I get the same error.
    I don't know if it's relevant, but the folder is C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Monitor\Web\Download
    rather than \Website\Download.
    Regards
    Simon
  • I also see there is a service, SQL Monitor Base Monitor, which is disabled and points to "C:\Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Monitor\BaseMonitor\RedGate.Response.Engine.Alerting.Base.Service.exe"; that file doesn't exist. The only thing in the folder is a subfolder "old" containing "RedGate.Response.Engine.Alerting.Base.Service.exe.config".
    Regards
    Simon
  • Hi @SimonBartlett

Looks like when the update process didn't complete successfully the removed service was in an odd state in Windows. Glad it's all sorted for you!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?