Options

Private Git Server and PUSH

I've got a client that has set up a private Git server rather than using Github. This works OK initially - SSC can Get Latest and we can work with the branches OK, however when trying to PUSH from SSC to the Remote repository we are getting an error about SSH and the URL format and suggesting trying HTTPS instead.

I've never used a private Git server before now so I'm following up with their IT Dept to get more info on their configuration, but if anyone has any links to the correct way to set this up with the Git config file then I'd appreciate the shortcut.

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

As you are using a private Git server with SSH you have two options:
    1. Use working folder and commit/pull/push manually using external git tools
    2. Link to Custom and use a custom git config file + push manually using external git tools

You can use the git config file provided in SQL Source Control as an initial template and you can change the commands based on your customer configuration. I am not aware of any documentation that explain how to do this as it really depends on your specific configuration.

You can learn more about config files in SQL Source Control here https://documentation.red-gate.com/display/SOC5/About+config+files

You can find the config files template provided by SQL Source Control in %appdata%\Local\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 5\CommandLineHooks\git.xml

I understand that updating an xml file that contains commands is not a pleasant experience. You might want to consider creating your own scripts and call them from the xml. If that does not work, you need to go with option 1.

If you need more help, please contact support.

Thanks
    Andrea Angella
    Lead Software Engineer | Red Gate
    Twitter: @angella_andrea