Options

Cleanup Image/Clone/Backup Locations

Can a way be added to remove one time use locations that display in the drop down when doing new Images, Clones and other areas.

Comments

• Options
    TheSQLGuruTheSQLGuru Posts: 78 Silver 2
    +1.

Right-click a drop-down row and Remove should be easy, right? Allowing CTRL-Click to allow for removing multiple at once could be a bonus.
    Kevin G. Boles
    SQL Server MVP 2007-2012
    Indicium Resources, Inc.
  • Options
    GrahamHGrahamH Posts: 13 Bronze 5
    Thanks for the feedback. Our current plan is to remove the concept of "adding" backup locations and image locations. There would still be a dropdown but it'd just contain "recently used" locations (probably in order of when they were last used). Would you be comfortable with that solution? If not, could you tell me a bit more about the problem the current system, or the proposed system would cause for you?
  • Options
    Yes, that would be great in my opinion. I just know that I used some weird locations during my POC and now they clutter the drop downs. Using the most recent would leave the good stuff at the top unless you go through a round of testing stuff with those weird locations again. Not sure how often they would roll off. Plus now I have my automation in place, so do not use the UI as much, but my colleagues who do not have as much hands on with the tool would get confused.
  • Options
    TheSQLGuruTheSQLGuru Posts: 78 Silver 2
    These must be stored as cookie values, right (or perhaps table row values)? Either way it should be trivial allow a right-click to remove a value that is no longer desired to be in the list. That would also allow us to keep one-offs from forcing more used/useful values off of the list.
    Kevin G. Boles
    SQL Server MVP 2007-2012
    Indicium Resources, Inc.