How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

Bug: 7.1.2 Cleared Alerts still all listed

Just installed 7.1.2 to get the fix to the select on all pages behavior only to now have the page of Alerts I just cleared, just sit there. Have to click another server or page then return to Alerts to get them to vanish.

Somehow I doubt this is "by design".

Appears that testing may not have been as relentless as it needed to be. Sadness.
Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
Decide wisely...

Comments

• kevrileykevriley Posts: 129 Gold 1
    edited August 9, 2017 3:03PM
    I'm seeing the same behaviour.

Also - if I use a custom filter, then choose 'Clear filter', the same behaviour - I have to refresh the page to force the filter to, well, filter.

SQL Monitor 7.1.2.8327
  • PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    edited August 9, 2017 7:46PM
    Additional oddity:

Already open Alerts page with no alerts to list. Go home; Windows set to Hibernate. Wake it in the morning, focus on Chrome and the SQL Monitor page - it shows 62 alerts overnight. The server tree was already expanded. Click on a specific server to focus on its 24 alerts. All 62 alerts are still listed!

If you click a higher level, then the server, it shows just the server. Click another server in the same level, and that, too, shows just its alerts. Click the higher-level, or all-servers, then the server and you get all servers, not just that subset. The sequence is repeatable.

Well and truly broken (sadness)
    Decide wisely...
  • Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi both,

This looks like it only occurs when specifying a value above the 10/page for "Rows to display" on the Alerts page - at least this is what I've found when trying to reproduce the issue and have let the devs know this appears to be the case. Can you please confirm whether this still occurs if you show 10 alerts per page?

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
    edited August 10, 2017 9:12PM
    I'm still seeing some weird behaviours no matter what I have set for 'Rows to display'.

The other one I've seen is that with a list of uncleared, unread alerts, choose the bottom one to clear, the screen redraws showing ALL the alerts have cleared, and lose their bold 'unread' status.

Refresh the page and it goes back to 'normal'

I can send screenshots /raise ticket if my explanation made no sense!
    Same as Kev - one cleared = all show cleared, but they thankfully aren't! I use 100 per page BTW
    Decide wisely...
    Hi Both,

Upon further investigation, the initial issue occurs when you have less alerts in the view than the max rows to be displayed (so 67/100 or 30/50 or 2/10). I'm also seeing the second issue you've mentioned.

I've raised them both with the developers; the first one as SRP-11317 and the second one as SRP-11318 and will update here when I have an update from the developers.

Kind regards,
    Alex

Thanks Alex
    Hi again all,

Just wanted to let you all know, I've got a hold of a 7.1.3 build and this appears to be resolved therein.

Kind regards,
    Alex

edited August 21, 2017 10:09AM
    Thanks @Alex B - is this likely to be available this week?
  • Hi,

Apologies for the delay, we are intending to release v7.1.3 this week, which will include the fix.

We'll update this post as soon as it's available.

Regards,
    Adam
  • We’ve just released v7.1.3 of SQL Monitor - this should be available from Check for Updates.

It would be great if you could confirm this fixes the issue for you when you get a chance to update.
    I'm having a moment....... Where is 'Check for Updates' in SQL Monitor ?
  • Adam WAdam W Posts: 111 Silver 3
    edited August 23, 2017 11:57AM
    Good point - SQL Monitor may only check for updates once a week, at which point an information bar should appear.

Here is a direct link instead:
    http://download.red-gate.com/checkforupdates/SQLMonitorWeb/SQLMonitorWeb_7.1.3.8495.exe
    @Adam W looks like it's fixed the issues for me. Thanks.
    Hi @kevriley ,

Another way to "Check for updates" (apart from waiting for the banner) is to try the Configuration > About (get latest version) link next to the current version.

For everyone here we've actually pulled 7.1.3 due to an issue displaying AG overview pages so the issue that this forum topic relates to appears to be fixed (at least for kev) but if you don't already have 7.1.3 you may want to wait for 7.1.4!

Kind regards,
    Alex

As I have no AG anything, I would infer that 7.1.3 as installed, and correctly removing cleared alerts from the page, is still OK... Reverting, as there's a schema change (it said), would be a pain.

Reassurance sought...
    Decide wisely...
    Hi @Alex B - I did use the link in Configuration > About, I just wasn't 100% sure what it downloaded was the latest. Looking at the file properties the "file version" and "product version" didn't match up to anything I was expecting - so I left it alone. I presume this is a "full installer" as opposed to an update?

I have no AG to worry about, so 7.1.3 is staying for now - I'll go to 7.1.4 as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Kev
    edited August 25, 2017 1:40PM
    @PDinCA @kevriley

So upon further discussion - it's not just AG - the issue will apparently affect any entity with a period in it - treating it as a static page. It appears this more a more common case with the AG and cluster overviews but there are some occasions where the server or instance name may have this in when fully qualified. The workaround is to add a forward slash after the name in the address bar - so my cluster overview
    http://localhost:8080/overviews/cluster/abcluster.testnet.red-gate.com

turns into
    http://localhost:8080/overviews/cluster/abcluster.testnet.red-gate.com/

and I can view it.

If you have not noticed this affecting you on your overviews then 7.1.3 will be fine in other regards.

Also, thanks to you both for confirming it fixed the original issue on the Alerts page was fixed!

For the installer - they should all be full installers - they're just named differently (and less helpfully) from that link, but it should be the current latest version available from the website. I'm used to the ones from our ftp that are SqlMonitorWeb with the version number in :)

Kind regards,
    Alex

Hi all,

SQL Monitor version 7.1.4 was released yesterday to all channels. You should be able to get this via the "get latest" link on the Configuration > About page or from our ftp here.

This should resolve the issues of SRP-11317 - clearing alerts not being removed from the alerts list (when the number of alerts are less than the number of rows displayed); SRP-11318 - clearing the bottom alert shows all alerts as cleared (but they aren't actually cleared); and also SRP-11334 - the issue with 7.1.3 and some overview pages giving a http 404 error.

There are also some further fixes included which you can read about in the release notes.

Kind regards,
    Alex