Compatibility with SSDT

I know compatibility with SSDT isn't technically supported, but I gave it a try anyway, and have only encountered one last issue. Hopefully someone else has encountered this same issue and could give me some advice.

I have a SSDT project successfully sharing the source control with SQL Source control, and when I add a new table, stored procedure, etc, in SQL Source Control, they appear in my SSDT project when I "Get Latest Version".
So far so good!

However, the stored procedures have the following code at the top of each new (or modified) procedure:
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO

Which is technically correct, but SSDT complains about it and throws the following build error:
SQL70001: This statement is not recognized in this context.

Is there anything I can do about this? Either on the SQL Source Control side or the SSDT side?
Tagged:

Comments

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    edited June 6, 2017 7:45PM
    Hi DLyes,

I've just done a small test, so hopefully it works the same for you - if you enable the Ignore "SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER and SET ANSI_NULLS statements" from the Setup tab > Comparison Options link > tick the box next to the above in the Ignore section > click save and then commit the altered comparison options. It then seems to not include these in the saved script.

If that doesn't help, most of the information on that error indicates you need to change the build action for the script file from whatever it is (likely Build) to None, so that could be worth a try.

Please do let us know if this works for you!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • DLyesDLyes Posts: 16 Bronze 1
    Thanks Alex!

I tried changing that option in the Comparisons options and now it works perfectly :)

I think I missed that comparisons options screen completely when I was trying to find such a setting, as I thought the text "Comparison options" was a heading rather than a link to a screen of options.

Thank you again for your help, as it was the last thing standing in my way from using this product on a new project.

Cheers,
    David.
  • Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi David,

Great stuff, glad that worked out for you as well!

Yes, I've had feedback from others that the heading is easily overlooked as well and I've fed that back to the team again.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?