Max degree of parallellism - MAXDOP

GHauanGHauan Posts: 13 New member
Hi

Is there a reason that MAXDOP setting for the server is not part of the documentation?
The "Parallelism cost threshold" is documentet, but not the MAXDOP-setting.
Tagged:

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    edited May 3, 2017 1:40PM
    Hi, thank you for your forum post.

As SQL Doc is primarily designed to document a database and not a SQL Instance, I suspect it is an oversight to include this information. However certain other SQL Server settings are documented.

I have added the details of this forum post to an existing Bug Report to include the MAXDOP settings in the SQL Server parameters when generating the documentation. The reference for this request is SDOC-1828. Hopefully this will appear in a future version of SQL Doc.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi,
    Thank you for your patience, I have some good news.

The MAXDOP parameter is now included in SQL Doc V3.2.3.918 which can be downloaded using this link:
    ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQLDoc/05May2017/SQLDoc_3.2.3.918.zip

Please download and upgrade to confirm this is the feature or information you are seeking?
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • GHauanGHauan Posts: 13 New member
    Hi

Yes, this was indeed what I was looking for. Thank you.

I have a question related to these forum post: Is it possible to get an email when someone responds to one of my posts, or on a post that I have responded to? As it is now, it seems that I have to login in order to see if there are any messages to me.