Feature Request: Expressions for Database D/L Config

wbmarshallwbmarshall Posts: 5
edited October 11, 2016 10:22PM in SQL Multi Script
We add new databases in our Production environment at a relatively high rate, but typically, when I am deploying a script across many of them, I want to do so against all databases that follow a certain naming convention.

I would like to be able to configure a Database Distribution List to include all databases from a single instance that follow a given naming convention, by configuring a rule using some sort of wildcard/regex syntax.

This would prevent me from having to check the configuration menu for new databases each time I want to run a script across our Production DBs.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hey wbmarshall,

Thanks for that suggestion!
    I have added this to a similar feature request SE-629 and reported it to the project managers for potential future work.

Do let me know if you have any other requests or questions!

Best,
    Andrew Pierce
    Technical Sales Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Miker257Miker257 Posts: 15 Bronze 1
    Hi,
    This would be a very useful feature for us as well. Is there any projection on when something like this might come to fruition?

- Mike
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi @Miker257,

Not yet, I'm sorry to say, but I've +1'd the feature request and added your feedback as well. Thank you for this!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• ScottLScottL Posts: 2 New member
    This would be helpful as we are adding databases and not having to update the distribution list would be nice.  Also, when you want to run against databases that have the similar names having a wildcard would be great.
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Thanks @ScottL!

I've added another +1 to request SE-629.

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?