Monitoring error (host machine data collection)

DeepakDeepak Posts: 7 New member
edited October 6, 2016 3:55PM in SQL Monitor 6
Hi there,
I am facing the problem with respect to Monitoring error from base monitor to the monitored servers.
I recently updated SQL monitor 5 to the latest version SQL monitor 6.
Everything went good with the installation but i am getting frequent Monitoring error (host machine data collection) alerts to our mailbox.
Have followed all the testing data methods mentioned by Redgate with the below link and found that
Testing remote registry (PerfMon) and Testing remote registry checks were unable to connect.

https://documentation.red-gate.com/disp ... on+methods

Before the version upgrade the monitoring was fine and all the data collection methods worked without any issues but after up-gradation i am unable to connect to Remote registry(PerfMon) and remote registry edit.

Note: I am using the same account to connect to monitored servers which i used in previous version

Kindly let me out on this. thanks in advance.

Regards
Deepak

Comments

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi Deepak,

If the data collection tests are failing using the user that SQL Monitor uses, from the Base Monitor machine to the remote machine - this process is outside of SQL Monitor and so there is a permissions issue with the account itself. It seems this may just be coinciding with the later version of SQL Monitor being installed as it should be using the same process now as in the previous version.

Please ensure either the user has permissions for the remote registry (PerfMon) and remote registry edit or try running the service or the connection from Configuration > Monitored servers page as a different user that has the appropriate permissions and see if you still receive the alerts.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?