Options

A duplicate object name... error

mike.collinsmike.collins Posts: 4 New member
edited January 16, 2017 11:52AM in SQL Compare 11
I am comparing SQL compare ver. , and I am comparing two databases. At the "Registering data sources... Reading parameters" step, it gives me the following error:

"A duplicate object name has been found. This may occur if the SQL server that you are registering... Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key"

I look around for a solution, which suggested checking the "Use case-sensitive object definition" option for behavior. When I do that, and compare again, I get the error:

"Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key"

I tried to identify in the database whether there are duplicate objects by querying the sys tables/views, but nothing jumps out as the cause of this problem.

Any help would be appreaciated

Comments

• Options
    This error is often caused by duplicate object names, but in this case it sounds like it might be a bug in SQL Compare. Could you try and get a reproduction for us to have a look at? You can get in touch with support at https://redgatesupport.zendesk.com/hc/e ... quests/new if you need to keep it private.
  • Options
    I get 2 errors
    1) Duplicate Object name -->
    which I understood that it can be resolved by just ticking the "Use case sensitive object definition" option

2) Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index -->
    I am not sure what should be done to remove this error.

Could you please help me in this.
  • Options
    Hi there,

I'm sorry you've run into this error. This sounds like a bug in SQL Compare but its hard to know what's going wrong without more information. I suggest you get in touch with support@red-gate.com, as I hope they will be able to help you with this issue.

Matthew Chandler
    Software Developer on SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare
    Matthew Chandler
    Software Developer on SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare