Database Comparison Options

crimdoncrimdon Posts: 54 Bronze 3
Sometimes when I do a "Get latest", the only thing I see is the Database Comparison Options. Updating my local copy doesn't seem to clear this either. The only solution I've found is to unlink and relink to source control repository.

Anyone else seen this?
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello,

Sorry for the issue you are having with SQL Source Control. If you select the options and run a get latest do changes show up after that?
    Allen LeVan
    Red Gate Software
    US Product Support
  • crimdoncrimdon Posts: 54 Bronze 3
    No the only way to clear it seems to be unlinking and relinking the database to the repo
  • tbruinsmatbruinsma Posts: 3 Bronze 1
    edited February 14, 2018 5:08PM
    This has been an on-going nightmare for us! It shows up periodically and then you are stuck with the nightmare of trying to clear it. Get Latest NEVER works! Even setting them equal doesnt work! You can match the comparison options and it will still show it as changed yet the detail is clearly identical.

Here is what we finally had to do to get this to clear

Look at the options and see which ones are different.
    Navigate to Setup\Comparison Options and make them match
    Open Setup\Edit Filter Rules, and click save
    Open the Commit Tab and commit the Database Comparison Options

Now once you go to commit or Get Latest it will no longer be there. Originally we had to unlink and link again but then you are stuck trying to figure out which changes you made and which ones were made by others! It was a nightmare!

• Hi @tbruinsma

This looks like a question that one of Support engineers will need to investigate for you.

If you've a got support contract, please send us a ticket. Provide as much information as you can - screenshots of any errors, log files etc – so we can help you as fast as possible.
    If you're not covered by a Support contract at the moment, email our Sales team at sales@red-gate.com, and they'll be able to help.
    Customer Support
    Redgate Software