Options

Warning 130

vad2319vad2319 Posts: 40
edited December 26, 2007 3:25PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I am trying to evaluate "SQL Back UP 5".

We are trying to backup data from sql server 2000 in our office to a DR server 2000 at a remote site.

We have 2 sql servers.
1). "Mars" (in our office)
2). "Jupiter". (at remote location)

I start my local computer "Earth"(on which I installed Red gate SQL Backup). I open SQL Server 2000 & have registered instances of both Mars & Jupiter.

I am trying to setup log-shipping using the SQL Backup GUI to transfer data from "Mars" to "Jupiter" from my local computer(Earth).

The backup files get created automatically as scheduled in the network share drive, but still restore operation doesnt complete succesfully.
I have the made the following folder on "Jupiter" sql server as the network share drive; c:\programfiles\Microsoft Sql server\MSSQL\Backup.
For some reason "Jupiter" cannot pickup the backupfiles from the network shared drive.

I get the following error:

"Warning 130: MoveTo error: failed to move file \\Server_Name\BackUp\LOG_HospContacts_20071220180001.sqb(The file exists.)"

I am not sure what the problem is, but the restore functionality doesnt work. Please advise why doesnt restore on jupiter happen automatically as scheduled?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    The warning is raised because the file 'LOG_HospContacts_20071220180001.sqb' exists in the \\Server_Name\BackUp folder. Is this true?
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Can you please check the SQL Backup Log File which by default is in the following directory, C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\(LOCAL) or SQL Instance Name, on the server performing the restore.

The SQL Backup Log file may provide additional information as to why the problem is occurring

The steps below is what should occur when restoring the log shipping file:

1. The restore is triggered on the target server.
    2. The file located in the network share is restored to the server.
    3. If the restore is successful, the Transaction Log Backup file is then moved out of the network share to a new location specified when you set up the Log Shipping jobs. Basically, in the restore job syntax there will be a MOVETO = <path to the location specified> extended argument.

Looking at the error or warning that you have posted.

"Warning 130: MoveTo error: failed to move file \\Server_Name\BackUp\LOG_HospContacts_20071220180001.sqb(The file exists.)"

The backup file cannot be moved to the path specified in the MOVETO argument due to the fact that a file of the same name already exists.

I suspect that this may have occurred for the following reasons

1. The path specified in the MOVETO extended argument is the same the path as the network share.
    2. The path specified in the MOVETO extended argument is the same the path as the original backup location.

In addition to the SQL Backup Log File request above, could you also provide details of the job syntax or script for the Backup job on the primary or source server and the restore job on the DR/Target server.

Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Technical Support Engineer
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Thank you! It worked