SQLFactor is disable

dineshasankadineshasanka Posts: 208
edited November 27, 2006 8:55AM in SQL Refactor Previous Versions
I has installed SQL facotr beta version earlier.
Now I got the release version I installed this after removing previous instalation.
But still SQLfactor option in SSMS is disable.
I am using SQLFactor 1.0.3.0

Comments

• Hi,

Can you try going to Start/Run and entering 'sqlwb /setup' as the command? This will instruct management studio to try to rebuild its menus.

If this doesn't work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Refactor to re-register it.

Once the menus are back, you will need to close Management Studio down using the File menu rather than letting it quit at shutdown. This only needs to be done the first time after Refactor has been installed, and works around a bug in Management Studio that causes it to fail to save its settings.

Andrew.
    Andrew Hunter
    Software Developer
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • No still I can't see the menus.
    FYI, I have installed SP2 CTP for my SQL Server
  • Dinesh,

Can you go to the SQL Refactor->About SQL Refactor menu and tell me what version is installed please.
    - Neil Davidson
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Neil,
    Refactor of mainmenu is disabled. SO I am not getting any submenus of it.
    But I got the version from the checkupdates. it is 1.0.3.0
  • My SQL Refactor menu is disabled as well, this happened immediately after I installed the new SQL 2005 Service Pack 2 CTP release. If anyone is reading this I would hold off on installing CTP if you plan on using Refactor as it looks like it breaks it completely (by disabling the button).

I am also getting errors when right clicking on tables, it comes up with this nasty .NET error saying it can convert a toolmenu into a menuitem or something like that... This could be because of SQL Refactor, or it might be due to the Enisey data scripter that I have added.

I tried uninstalling SQL Refactor and it did nothing, infact SQL Refactor is still there in the menu, and I can not get rid of it. Is there a way to manually remove SQL Refactor?
  • Well I have the same issue.
    MattO wrote:
    My SQL Refactor menu is disabled as well, this happened immediately after I installed the new SQL 2005 Service Pack 2 CTP release. If anyone is reading this I would hold off on installing CTP if you plan on using Refactor as it looks like it breaks it completely (by disabling the button).

I am also getting errors when right clicking on tables, it comes up with this nasty .NET error saying it can convert a toolmenu into a menuitem or something like that... This could be because of SQL Refactor, or it might be due to the Enisey data scripter that I have added.

I tried uninstalling SQL Refactor and it did nothing, infact SQL Refactor is still there in the menu, and I can not get rid of it. Is there a way to manually remove SQL Refactor?
  • I've investigated this further now, and this is an issue with the SP2 CTP version of Management Studio: an interface change in this version is preventing Refactor from starting up. Until we can produce a new version to take account of this, the only solution is to go back to SP1.
    Andrew Hunter
    Software Developer
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • well well well,
    So I have to decide whether it is SQL factor or SQL Server 2005 SP2.

I will select SQL Server SP2
  • well well well,
    So I have to decide whether it is SQL factor or SQL Server 2005 SP2.

I will select SQL Server SP2

Hi,

It should certainly not be a decision about either SP2 or SQL Refactor. While we will certainly support the RTM of SQL Server SP2, we are currently working on a patch to support even the interim CTP versions of SQL Server.

Regards,
    Andras
    András Belokosztolszki, PhD
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • ok, then I am waiting for it
  • ok, then I am waiting for it

I've sent instructions on using SQL Refactor with CTP2 of SP2 in an email.

Those who are planning to use the CTP2 of SP2 for SQL Server 2005 please do pm me.

Regards,
    Andras
    András Belokosztolszki, PhD
    Red Gate Software Ltd.