History dialog hidden scroll bar

sttusttu Posts: 17 Bronze 1
When using the history modal dialog box to search through previous commits, the bottom pane with the previous/current revision versions has a panel containing buttons for updating the database using Sql compare and 'Close'.

This panel covers up the bottom of the sql compare window and annoyingly covers the horizontal scroll bar, preventing me from being able to scroll around and view the complete code.

Can this be fixed so the sql compare window fits in the available space rather than being partially hidden?

Comments

• James BJames B Posts: 1,124 Silver 4
    Hi,
    It doesn't seem to do that on mine- what version are you running? Can you also check to see if you maybe have a non-standard DPI setting in Windows? This can sometimes cause scaling issues.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• sttusttu Posts: 17 Bronze 1
    Must have been either the version I was using or other issue with my PC as after restarting Management Studio and installing the latest update I no longer have the scrollbar hidden.

If it occurs again I'll grab a screenshot etc but looks like I'm a special-needs case.
    :oops:
    No worries- just one of those things hopefully! Let us know if you do get it to happen again though.

Redgate Software

James I haven't encountered this issue again however something else I've noticed with the History dialog which is consistent with all users is a problem with resizing the bottom panel.

If you click and drag the divider between the middle and bottom sections, moving down is fine, the divider line moves with the mouse. However if you want to move it up it doesn't move with the mouse and you have to make repeated attempts to resize the panes, painfully slow on a large screen!
    Hmm, I don't seem to be able to reproduce that behaviour myself- just to check, is it this sort of action that's not working for you: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c2eTlZn35o

Redgate Software

Yes that's exactly it.

I've done a screencast also to demonstrate: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c2eTIyn3Eh

Of the three horizontal bars you can resize, the top two function fine, the bottom one lags behind the cursor when you drag up.

It's no showstopper obviously but happens on all our machines. Weird!!
    Oh yes- that's pretty odd... I'll try a couple of other machines here to see if I can repro it.
    The UI of SQL Source Control is soon going to get a full overhaul, so I'm fairly confident the problem will go away anyway in a future release, but if I can get it to happen on a machine here we might be able to put in a fix a bit sooner.

Redgate Software

Thanks James. Obviously it's not a serious issue fix, just a nice-to-have.

Fyi the version of SSC we are using is 3.5.6.338 standard