Purging Data

bfdillbfdill Posts: 2
edited August 22, 2013 8:38AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
:shock: I've had a few versions of SQL Monitor installed and my database has worked its way up to 180+ GB. I keep changing the purging policy and it's still using all the data space its allocated. At this point, I'm down to three days worth of data retention...

I'm guessing (hoping) that the upgrade path has somehow caused an issue with the purge function and I just need some manual deletes or something to get the auto-purge to work again... Does something like this exist? Is there something I can run to clear out all collected data manually?

Also, one of my problems appears to be CDC monitoring being logged, but that's a different topic...

Thanks for any help,
Ben

Comments

• Hi Ben,

I would suggest getting in touch with support@red-gate.com. They should be able to help.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • I am having the same issue actually. Changed my purge settings from 6 months to 2 months about three days ago and the data size has not budged at all. I have an email into support, but are there any known issues with this?
  • Hello,

No, we are not aware of any issue with purge.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • FletchnzFletchnz Posts: 1 New member
    I too have the same issue, I upgraded to 3.5 on monday afternoon and by tuesday afternoon I notice abnormal size growth of the redgatemonitor database. I changed the main data purging settings from dont purge to 6 months, then 3 months and then even suspending monitoring but the DB growth doesnt stop. In the end I have to stop the SQL monitoring service.
  • Fletchnz wrote:
    I too have the same issue, I upgraded to 3.5 on monday afternoon and by tuesday afternoon I notice abnormal size growth of the redgatemonitor database. I changed the main data purging settings from dont purge to 6 months, then 3 months and then even suspending monitoring but the DB growth doesnt stop. In the end I have to stop the SQL monitoring service.

Hi,

Could you please contact support@red-gate.com so that we could investigate this? We are not aware of any issue with v3.5 release.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software